Let’s face it. As a truck driver, you spend the majority of your working day sitting behind the wheel of your rig in the driver’s seat. Having the right truck seat cushions is essential to prevent your back, neck, shoulders, and bottom from getting sore and stiff. It is uncomfortable to sit for long hours on a hard, unforgiving seat. Plus, it is not good for your body, and skeletal and nervous systems.
A new replacement set or cushion for your existing seat can be exactly what you need to remain comfortable. There are several things you need to consider to ensure you are getting the best seat, as follows:
- Budget – You need to decide how much you want to invest in a new seat or cushion. Sometimes paying a little more for a higher quality seat or cushion will pay off in the long run, as it means fewer backaches and less discomfort.
- Options/Features – Seats and cushions can include a wide array of options and features, including lumbar support, shoulder support, and neck support. Some models could also provide heat and massaging options.
- Cleaning and Care – If you are concerned about accidental spills, sweating, and fading, select a seat that is stain and water resistant. With cushions, look for ones you can toss into a washer to get clean. Another option is to get a protective seat cover to put over the seat and cushion.
- Truck Make/Model/Year – To select a correctly fitting seat or cushion, you need to know the make, model, and year of your truck.
- Availability of Replacement Parts – Sometimes the cause of an uncomfortable seat cushion is the result of broken springs, parts, and other pieces of the seat framework. Remember to take this into consideration when selecting a new seat or cushion.
For further assistance in selecting the correct seat, cushion, or cover, please feel free to call Suburban Seating & Safety at (844) SAS.SEAT (1-844-727-7328) and speak with one of our truck seat experts today!